Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekend = Possibility

I love waking up early on Saturday mornings and thinking about all the potential the weekend ahead holds. It's a kind of quiet excitement. Do you feel that way too? My weekend is looking wonderful so far. First on the agenda, a run (as soon as I finish this post). Next, I plan to finish up my friend's baby quilt. I ended up leaving the stripe in; the solid green was just too bright.


What else will I do? A game of golf tomorrow, lunch outside, a dress to be sewn...Speaking of dresses, I've been thinking about hosting a spring/summer dress week at the end of May/early June to motivate us (cough cough - me) to finally check off those dresses we've been meaning to make. Anyone want to play along?

What does your weekend look like?

12 comments:

  1. I am the same way on Saturday mornings! LOL I like to get up early, so I have the whole day ahead : ) Today, I am planning on working on my Mom's quilt, and maybe some other sewing. Tomorrow we are boiling crawfish(a South Louisiana thing : ) and having my Mom and Dad over for Mother's Day.

    The quilt is adorable, love the colors and fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've straightened the house and rewarded myself with a cup of organic French pressed coffee...now maybe painting??

    The colors in your quilt are wonderful!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so MANY dresses which I would love to be motivated to make...sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of dress week since I want to make so many, so count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fabulous Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always down for a new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the top - so cute for a baby boy!

    Can the dress be a dress for my daughter instead of myself?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! Dress week sounds like fun! I might be able to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was thinking that it would finishing the dresses for the daughters, but i just remembered there was some fabric i bought for a skirt for myself i could do. along with the girls ones. of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the quilt. the colors are so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!