Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Get better soon soup

We've spent the better part of the last week trying to help Peter get over the flu. The lesson in all of this: get a flu shot. Thankfully I got mine in the fall so I've managed to avoid the bug so far. But poor Peter, it's not been an easy week for him. Making a huge batch of chicken soup was the least I could do to help him feel a little better. I used this simple soup recipe by Robin Miller, which I'm calling "Get Better Soon Soup" from now on. Of course I hope you don't ever have to use the recipe, but it might be nice to have on hand just in case.

3 comments:

  1. We often joke about the "chicken soup remedy" but science has proved that soup provides a lot of nurishment. More so that eating the same ingrediants with just a glass of water. It seems that the nutrients in food bind to the water in the slow cooking process of being made into soup. Thus the nutrients are more readily available when the soup is eaten. Cool, huh???

    I highly recommend this site for about 20 soup recipies made in the crock pot. Our personal favorite (made at least 4 times now and again tomorrow) is the Pasta Fagioli http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/day-305.html

    Stephanie has also divided all her recipies into catagories. Another favorite of ours is the Cream Cheese Chicken, and I love her homemade applesause.

    I don't want to turn this into a cooking post, but the soup will help. I had viral influenza last year and it was awful with a long recovery time. My heart goes out to your husband. I hope he has a speedy recovery, but tell him not to try too much too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving chicken soup recently...maybe I'll make a big pot of it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no - hope Peter is better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!