Monday, July 7, 2008

One more time then I'll let it rest

Remember my lamenting about the brown t-shirt that wasn't. Here are some admittedly-bad-but-I-hope-you-get-my-point-about-me-wearing-this-just-around-the-house shots (my photographer was sleeping).

I present to you the bad-gaping-back-neckline shot. This was 100% my fault. The pattern has a back seam, but how many RTW garments do you know of that have back seams? Unfortunately I forgot (embarrassed laugh) to take out the seam allowance. What was it Homer Simpson was always saying?

Next I present to you the bad-gaping-neckline shot. And yes, that mirror is actually clean. It's just old, and impossible to make look clean no matter how much I try. However, the mirror hides the flaws in the shirt. That neckline is all wiggly crazy, and no I'm not just being hard on myself. Trust me here. I used clear elastic and everything. Apparently I don't know how to use clear elastic in necklines.

Really I blame the fabric. I got it at the clearance bin at G Street, which has worked out great before, but not so much this time. I think the problem is that this fabric has bad recovery (ie, no wonderful lycra/spandex properties). Hey, I've learned my lesson! Some rayon jersey with lycra is on it's way to me right now.

By the way, I just want to thank you all for your recent comments. You all are awesome, and I hope you know that. I wish I could respond to each of your comments individually, but blogger makes that almost impossible. So please let me thank you here. I always love and appreciate everyone who stops by here and I try to answer specific questions either here or through e-mail. Seriously though, thank you. The comments on here keep this (and sometimes me) going, and that means so much to me.

1 comment:

  1. Lady, I bow to your sewing skills. I can't believe how you churn out beautiful clothing! I have had one single dress, cut, sitting in my closet for years because I'm afraid to put it together. Hacking old clothing into something new is wayyyy easier for me than following a pattern! So, you've got some gaping problems. Forgive thyself and move on! :D I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!