Friday, June 27, 2008

Knit fabric help

I'm about to place on order for a few yards of rayon/lycra jersey knit. I *think* this fabric will work for my brown shirt (yes, I am bound and determined to make it work) and also for some dresses for a vacation later this summer. But, I'm really not sure because I don't have it in front of me. I'm looking for something soft, drapey, has good stretch and recovery, and is preferably made out of natural materials (or semi-natural at least). Which types of knit fabrics would you recommend?

Thanks thanks thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw the perfect knit on a remnant table at Vogue Fabrics in Chicago! Not very convenient and it was only one yard! But...it was wonderful--great drape. it was made with bamboo and lycra. thanks for the serger info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking for a soft and drapey knit, rayon/lycra is a great choice! That's what I would get.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!