Sunday, November 11, 2007

A quilt many years in the making

I spent Saturday helping my sister finish a quilt she started in the sixth grade (many years ago). My parents recently moved and my Mom found the squares buried in a box. My sister's sixth grade sense of style (very pink) is much different from her current style (more modern), but she still decided to finish it.


Corinne is glad she did. Here it is prequilted. I think my sister is relieved that it's finally finished. Corinne watched the quilt being made. She even made her own sewing machine out of wood blocks and worked on a pretend blanket while mommy was working on hers. I love that she's curious about sewing and hope she still is when she's big enough to have a real sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!