Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's here, right?

When I walked by an open window this morning, I felt it. There's a definite chill to the air. Fall! I can't really put into words how I feel other than excited. I love this season, I truly do. I'm giddy thinking about sweaters and pumpkins, scarves and hot cocoa, holidays and friends. I'm even more excited about Fall this year because it's the first Fall that I don't have school. This means I can do a lot of fall sewing and celebrating this year. I've got grand plans for apple picking trips and scary movie nights. I can't wait. Does anyone else feel this excited about the upcoming season? Speaking of Fall sewing, here's what's on my short list (subject to change as inspiration hits):


Simplicity
3622, View D. I actually cut out the fabric for this last night. I'm slightly concerned about my fabric choice, but I'm just going to see what happens and hope for the best.


Simplicity 3678, all views. I actually made the short sleeve version this week. Look out for a pattern review and pictures soon. You can probably figure out that I liked the pattern if I plan to make the other long sleeved views.

McCall's 5466, View C.


McCall's 5477, View C. I plan to sew this up in velvet or corduroy. Diann has this on her short list too.

I've also been itching to make a quilt for a while. I am having the hardest time choosing the fabrics though (too many choices!). I may just give in and buy a quilt kit. Would that be so horrible?

Happy Saturday everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also itching to learn how to sew my own clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're back and sewing again! Your pictures from your vacation were incredible. I know you must have had a great time. Can't wait to see your completed projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers - thanks for leaving a comment!